Experience tells us that working with schools is a vital way to engage the next generation in dance and to develop the audiences, performers and leaders of the future. We also know that many schools value professional support in delivering dance and developing their teachers. That’s why we have created a new dedicated schools package.
- An experienced dance practitioner in your school, one day a week during term time
- Weekly dance sessions tailored to your needs, based on the national dance curriculum
- After school clubs, holiday projects and summer school activities
- Potential to use dance to support cross-curricular and topic-based learning
- Links to DanceXchange’s performance programme, with inspiring touring companies and choreographers
- Opportunities to connect with Birmingham International Dance Festival, as audiences and participants
- Support with Arts Mark and Arts Award
- CPD sessions for your dance and PE teachers
- Taster opportunities for DanceXchange’s Centre for Advanced Training
- Opportunities for secondary schools to create dance initiatives with their feeder primary schools
- Access to a wealth of dance expertise and industry knowledge, through the DanceXchange team
- Schools can pay £6000 +VAT per annum to have a professional dance practitioner based in their school one day a week for every week of the school year, or £3000 +VAT for half a day a week.
- We are also open to discussing alternative models with you, for example, with two or three schools sharing a package across the year. Please note, primary schools would be able to use their Sport Premium to support this cost.
To find out more and to discuss potential packages contact:
- Clare Lewis, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0121 667 9464
- Alexandra Henwood, Programme Officer – Recreational & Prevocational Dance, 0121 667 8085, email@example.com