U.Dance 2019 will present a vibrant and exciting mix of dance genres and themes, performed by some of the best young performers from across the West Midlands. Throughout the day selected groups will also get the opportunity to take part in masterclass experienced led by industry professionals. The opportunity is open to dancers aged 11-19, and up to the age of 24 if the young person has disabilities.
We would like to encourage all school groups, community groups, youth dance companies, private dance schools and others who are suitable, to apply for this incredible experience! It is a great chance for dancers to get an insight into the professional world, gain invaluable performance experience and raise dancers’ aspirations.
- Max 30 dancers per group
- Open to dancers aged 11-19, age 24 for young people with disabilities
- Supporting application footage needs to be between 2-7 minutes
- Dance group needs to be based in the UK and have dancers who live in the UK
- Available to perform on Sunday 10 March 2019
- Did not attend U.Dance National Festival last year
Regional Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence in performance
- Present excellent and engaging choreography
- Dancers showing clear ownership of the choreography, appropriate for their age and experience
- Demonstrate respect and consideration
- Reflect the diversity of dance styles practised by young people across the UK
- Creation of an interesting and varied performance
- Showcase excellent and authentic work from both schools and youth dance settings
U.Dance WM will take place on Sunday 10 March at the DanceXchange Studios and Patrick Studio, Birmingham Hippodrome. Three groups will be shortlisted by the regional panel and then one group out of these will be shortlisted by the national panel to progress to U.Dance 2019 in London.
Please submit all applications and any questions to email@example.com
Deadline / Friday 14 December 2018, 5pm.