Dance can transform the way we see the world. It can inspire, entertain and empower. Dance can enliven our cities, raise aspirations and bring people together across cultural divides. At times like these we need dance more than ever.
For more than 25 years, DanceXchange has played a pivotal role in the growth and development of dance in the Midlands, connecting people with great dance, nurturing young dancers and championing some of the UK’s best artistic talent. We’re passionate about dance and we want everyone to enjoy the positive transformations it creates.
During the current Coronavirus (COVID -19) crisis we have suspended all public facing activity until further notice. Our highest priority is the safety and security of our audiences, participants & employees and in taking this action we are following government, NHS & Public Health England guidance.
However, DanceXchange is by no means closed and we are continuing to provide a vibrant and exciting online dance programme which includes:-
- adult and young people dance classes, a vital way to keep active, have fun and stay connected
- Centre for Advanced Training programme, our elite training opportunity for young people aged 11-18, who show exceptional talent and potential in Bharatanatyam, Kathak and Contemporary styles
- #DanceConnect produced by DX for Arts Connect, which brings together a digital artist, dance professionals and young people, from across the West Midlands, in a dynamic collaboration to explore creative research within the current quarantine circumstances.
- Advisory Sessions for West Midlands artists
- Dance Insights a curated online programme of performances, discourse and events, provocations and artistic inspirations brought to you by our 2020 Artists in Residence
Please consider supporting our online content during the Covid-19 lock down
We welcome any amount, however small, that you feel able to give to help us continue to deliver our online programmes and classes for free. Every pound you give, will go towards paying our tutors, artists and practitioners for their work in making this possible.
You can donate in either of two ways:
using our WEBSITE through your personal dx account set up
using our PAYPAL account
Thank you for helping dance to flourish here in the Midlands, benefiting thousands of people over many years to come.