Birmingham International Dance Festival (BIDF) and its producers DanceXchange (dx), are seeking proposals from dance artists who are interested in making a Screendance film, up to 15 mins in length, inspired by the Midlands region. Two concepts will be selected and the finished films will premiere as part of the opening weekend of our first all digital festival BIDF TV, taking place in June 2021, and will be available for viewing for the whole period of the festival.
This opportunity is part of Midlands Made and we are seeking proposals from dance artists based anywhere in the UK – however at least 50% of these projects will be made by and with Midlands-based artists and contributors.
We actively encourage submissions from artists of diverse backgrounds with different skills, perspectives and stories. We are particularly keen to receive proposals that reflect a broad range of experiences across age, class, disability, gender, race and sexual orientation.
DX will provide:
- £5,000 commission
- Additional budget for up to three dancers
- A Screendance Production Company, including a Director and Cinematographer who will work closely with the choreographer on the final product
- All post-production/editing and equipment
- Mentoring from Screendance specialists and the DX Artist Support Team
- Up to three weeks of studio space
Click HERE for full details and how to apply*
*You can apply via video or written submission
dx is an equal opportunities employer who is actively seeking to employ people currently under-represented in the creative and cultural sector.
- Application Deadline: 22 March 2021
- Interviews: 1 April 2021
- Creation period: w/c 19 April – 25 May 2021
- Public launch at BIDF: June 2021