In light of the current Government guidance and heightened risks in relation to Covid-19 will continue to keep the situation under review over the coming weeks and will keep you informed of any further developments in regards to rehearsal space. We understand that this will be disappointing news, however, the health and wellbeing of the artistic community along with our staff members is of the utmost importance to us and we want to do everything we can to keep everyone as safe as possible. We thank you for your support and understanding at this unprecedented time, and we look forward to re-opening when it is safe to do so.
Rehearsal Space: 1-week residencies for the development of creative practice.
DanceXchange is looking ahead to the re-opening of our dance studios in January 2021 and is inviting interest from professional independent dance artists seeking one-week in-kind residency space for the development of their creative practice.
We understand the immense impact that the last year has had on the independent sector and we are committed to supporting the important rehabilitation and creative support that artists need.
Space will initially be allocated in one-week blocks, between 25 January and 30 April 2021, for activity that fits the criteria below.
- Research and development – space for dance artists wanting to go back to the studio to develop their creative practice
- Rehearsals – space for artists wanting a rehearsal space for their existing work
- take place within the period 25 January and 30 April 2021 (subject to the re-opening of the Hippodrome campus, and in line with Government guidance)
- take place for 1-week (5 consecutive days, Monday – Friday) per application*
- take place between 10.30am – 4.30pm. Please note, we can only allow one activity per residency so applications making full/best use of the available time will be prioritised.
- be by independent professional dance artists based (and currently living in) in the West Midlands
- be for individual artists or small groups up to total 6 people (invited). The activity lead needs to provide list of names of additional participants at the time of booking
- be self-funded
- work within our standard studio set up
- comply with our Covid-19 safety measures
- Please note, the need to work in weekly blocks is due to staff bubble requirements.
Please note, due to current restrictions, we are unable to support activity that would require:
- members of public to be physically present (e.g. workshops, classes)
- varying groups in the space across one day (e.g. auditions)
- people to arrive and leave at different times of the day – you must enter and leave as a group
- use of props brought on site
- use of changing rooms
For full details and safety measures, and how to make your request, please read the DX Studio Space Call Out
If you are happy you can meet these requirements, please submit a DX Studio Request Form
First Request Deadline: 12 noon on Monday 11 January 2021
- Studio requests will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis and we will confirm with you at least 5 days after your submission*. *The DX office is closed until Monday 4 January so you won’t be contacted before this time if you submit in December 2020.
- There will be subsequent submission dates if your plans are not yet clear – please check the website or our social media channels.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Please be aware that all studio activity will remain subject to the latest Government guidance and to the re-opening of the Hippodrome campus. We will do our best to keep you informed of any changes and developments, as the situation evolves.