Birmingham International Dance Festival (BIDF) and its producers DanceXchange (dx), are excited to offer 5x Minute Screendance Shorts commissions, up to 1 mins in length, to be part of the first all-digital festival BIDF TV, taking place in June 2021.
This opportunity is part of Midlands Made and we are seeking proposals from Midlands-based, early career creatives, including recent graduates or similar, who are interested in making a Screendance Short that uses the city of Birmingham and/or the wider Midlands region as inspiration.
Shorts can be made using your camera-phone or tablet, and should be short, creative and impactful, made with social media in mind.
DX will provide:
- £1,000 commission
- All post-production/editing.
- Mentoring from Screendance specialists and the DX Artist Support Team to help turn your vision into a digital reality
Click HERE for full details and how to apply*
*You can apply via video or written submission
dx is an equal opportunities employer who is actively seeking to employ people currently under-represented in the creative and cultural sector.
- Application Deadline: 5 April 2021
- Interviews: w/c 12 April 2021
- Creation period: w/c 19 April – 24 May 2021
- Public launch at BIDF: June 2021