DanceXchange (dx), the West Midlands Dance Development Leaders Group (DDLG) and Arts Connect, are looking for 12 Aspiring Dance Leaders to participate in Beyond Borders 2021, an exciting region-wide youth participation project.
This unique paid role for 16-25 year olds is a fantastic opportunity to work with a professional artistic team, make a genuine contribution, and gain real hands-on experience in an ambitious dance and digital project. We welcome applications from young people of all backgrounds from across the West Midlands.
What is an Aspiring Dance Leader? Is this you?
- are you passionate about dance, digital and working with young people?
- do you have dance experience? (this doesn’t have to be to professional level and can be in any dance style, from Street, Vogue, Ballet Kathak, Bhangra, Breakin’, Latin, Jazz, Contemporary and everything else in between!
- do you want to develop your dance leadership skills including creative working, choreography and teaching skills?
- do you want to learn more about leading dance activities for and with young people?
- do you want to learn from and collaborate with some of the region’s most exciting professional dance artists?
- do you want to gain high-quality, paid experience for your CV?
dx is an equal opportunities employer who is actively seeking to employ people currently under-represented in the creative and cultural sector.
Click HERE for full details and how to apply
*You can apply via video or written submission
There is an open Q+A online session taking place on Friday 19 February from 5-6pm via zoom if you wish to discuss any questions. Please email email@example.com to book a place.
- Deadline for applications: Monday 1 March 2021, 10am
- Interviews: Thursday 11 March and Friday 12 March, 2021
- Expected start date: From 15 March
Find out more about the Beyond Borders structure: Beyond Borders Organisation Map