GENERATE returns in September 2019 especially for young dancers aged 11-14, who want to move their dance skills and technique to the next level
Calling all young people aged 11-14 aspiring to a career in dance!
- Challenge yourself to develop your technical and choreographic skills
- Build your confidence as an aspiring dancer
- Classes include contemporary, ballet, choreographic tools, strength and conditioning and yoga practice
- 1 to 1 feedback from your tutor
- Support in auditioning for DanceXchange Dance Generation and similar opportunities
- Perform in an annual showcase with our Centre for Advanced Training students
Generate offers high-quality technique training alongside dedicated one to one support for young dancers with the passion and commitment to work to achieve their full potential in dance. There is also the exciting performance opportunity to be part of a piece that will be choreographed and performed as part of the CAT Summer Showcase in August 2020 in the Patrick Studio in Birmingham Hippodrome.
Anna Lines, Artistic Director of Translucent Dance Company says,I am so pleased that my students decided to join Generate! This additional training has been invaluable as it has enabled them to experience a wider range of high-quality teachers and styles, improving their movement memory, technique and adaptability. I have had multiple students pass through Generate and into the CAT programme all of whom have remained with me and continue to develop as young artists. I believe the partnership I have developed with the Dancexchange has greatly benefitted myself and the dancers. I could not recommend Generate enough, it is an excellent, well-run programme that supports and compliments the training and development of our young dancers beautifully.
WHEN / Sessions will take place in our DanceXchange studios from 1.30 – 4pm on Sundays during academic term time.
NB/ Please note that there will be no classes on Sunday 3 November – Half Term!
COST / £180 per 12-week term
DEADLINE: Monday 16 September 2019, 2pm.