We are pleased to announce our first ever DX Salsa in the Park!
Join our tutor Helen Calcutt for an authentic Cuban-salsa outdoor dance class that combines strong dance technique with all the zest of Cuban rhythms and styling. It will be fun and energetic, bringing the joy of social dancing to the park! Dancers will be guided through the necessary movements, including sensual suelta (solo salsa) and strong footwork.
For the first 45 minutes, you will learn the steps and for the final 15 minutes, you will get the chance to improvise and freestyle showing off all your favourite salsa moves!
This is an Open level class (suitable for beginners).
We are holding two sessions on the day:
- Session 1: 2pm – 3pm
- Session 2 : 3.30pm – 4.30pm
TICKETS are £6 – click our Book Now button to purchase
Please note places are limited so they will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please find COVID compliance and contingency information here.
Please complete our simple event Registration Form in order to comply with current COVID Regulations. Failure to complete this form will result in you (and any members of your booking) being unable to take part.
- Do not attend if you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell or have been exposed to Covid-19 in the lead up to the event
- Please don’t arrive in social groups more than 6 people
- Each participant will be allocated 3m of space, clearly marked out to ensure boundaries are maintained
- Bring your own drinks and snacks
- Preferably don’t bring too much stuff with you as there will be limited storage space!
- Hand sanitiser will be available on-site
- Participants are welcome to wear masks and/or visors throughout
Registration Form – please complete this simple registration form in order to take part in the event. Failure to complete this form will result in you being unable to take part.
Further contingency info:
If there is bad weather, the event will be cancelled by 11 am and postponed.
If Birmingham goes into local lockdown participants will be refunded & reimbursed.