DanceXchange announces performance season
1 October 2015 – 13 February 2016
DanceXchange, the Midlands based dance house announces its performance season at The Patrick Centre, Birmingham Hippodrome from 1 October 2015 – 13 February 2016.
As DanceXchange works towards its co-produced International Dance Festival Birmingham 2016, the new season of dance offers something for everyone; ground-breaking contemporary dance; family-friendly productions; cutting-edge presentations of dance theatre; awe-inspiring circus dance and more; and all from some of the best international artists and companies working across the UK and the world today.
2015-16 season highlights include:
- Chotto Desh– Akram Khan Company’s and director Sue Buckmaster of Theatre-Rites’ family-friendly adaptation of Khan’s critically acclaimed DESH
- A world premiere by Gary Clarke Company marks the 30th anniversary since the end of the British minors’ strike
- A UK premiere co-presented with Fierce Festival
- Arthur Pita’s festive family-friendly The Little Match Girl is back by popular demand for 2 shows only
- Scottish Dance Theatre’s YAMA– a brand new, full-length version of choreographer Damien Jalet’s critically acclaimed work
- Work by James Cousins, the inaugural winner of Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures Choreography Award
Please see the full press release in the side bar, ‘Related Resources’.
For pictures and more information, please contact Libby Aldrich at firstname.lastname@example.org